Re: [CCAMP] 2nd WG last call on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib

Ben Wright <Ben.Wright@metaswitch.com> Thu, 21 April 2011 09:32 UTC

From: Ben Wright <Ben.Wright@metaswitch.com>
To: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:32:05 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] 2nd WG last call on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib

Hi Masanori et al,

I have a few minor comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib-08.

* 	I agree with Wenhu's comments on the OSPF mailing list - we need to update the Textual Conventions to take into account ISIS syntax.

*	The tedTable structure doesn't make it easy for network administrators to query just the TED entries that are learned from, say, OSPFv2 (rather than ISIS).  An easy fix for this would be to make the primary index field the information source (OSPFv2, ISIS etc).  This would also make the interpretation of the syntax of the remaining index fields straightforward for MIB agents.

*	The tedLocalIfAddrTable and tedRemoteIfAddrTable both use an arbitrary index to distinguish between the different IP addresses on a given link.  Is there a reason why we can't just use the address type and address as index fields instead?  That would guarantee, for a given set of IP addresses, the ordering of rows in the table is entirely predictable.

Thanks,

Ben