Re: [CCAMP] G.698.2 drafts way forward

<RKunze@telekom.de> Thu, 26 March 2015 23:36 UTC

From: RKunze@telekom.de
To: Dieter.Beller@alcatel-lucent.com, daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com, ccamp@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:36:17 +0100
acceptlanguage: de-DE
Cc: paul.doolan@coriant.com
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] G.698.2 drafts way forward

Dieter,

We assume you are referring to http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dharinigert-ccamp-g-698-2-lmp-09.txt and invite you to review the introduction part. More 'exotic' use cases like control loops would require a read and a write operation for power levels. However in particular the write operation was considered unsuitable by the optical experts commenting in the past. We would certainly appreciate if you could point us to ITU-T Recommendations supporting such a use case and in particular to an information model supporting write operations of power levels.

BR

Rüdiger