RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-recovery-analysis-01.txt

"PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri" <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be> Tue, 10 July 2007 11:04 UTC

Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-recovery-analysis-01.txt
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:54:18 +0200
From: PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be>
To: Tomonori TAKEDA <takeda.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

hi tomonori - see inline

this is what the diagrams and text infers

generalizing the number of edges/inter-connection
adds an additional constraints (select 2 among N)

> However, when there are more than two border nodes, we need
> to pick up a
> good pair of border nodes. Please see my separate email to
> Meral which
> shows such an example.

idem keep in mind here that enlarging the problem
space and have a preferential selection between N
possible inter-domain links but achieve a non-
blocking situation is the base objective

>  >2. when computation is not simultaneous per domain (independently of
>  >whether sequentially distributed or centralized) and does
> not result in
>  >strict hops only (implicitly or explcitly), the only thing
> that remains
>  >possible is to condition the first LSP setup with
> additional constraints
>  >during its establishment
>
> I am not sure whether I understand correctly, but if border nodes are
> already selected, the only thing that remains is to select
> the route within
> each domain.

yes and the question boils down to the point mentioned
where intra-domain path comp. would result in blocking
the other

i don't see any answer to the below point ? which is at
the end the reason of my comment - this doc bundles the
protocol independent analysis with a protocol dependent
analysis in the latter case one should consider possible
solution space and not pre-assume any specific limitation

thanks,
-d.