RE: Question: purpose of LMP ChannelActive message (was relations hip of RSVP-TE and LMP)

Jonathan Lang <jplang@calient.net> Wed, 19 September 2001 17:38 UTC

From: Jonathan Lang <jplang@calient.net>
To: 'George Young' <george.young@edgeflow.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Question: purpose of LMP ChannelActive message (was relations hip of RSVP-TE and LMP)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:38:19 -0700

George,
  see inline.

Thanks,
Jonathan

not quite right.  I think you're confusing the ChannelActive message with
the Administrative Status object in GMPLS.  The ChannelActive message is
used between a pair of nodes to indicate that the data channel is now active
and should be monitored.  This is useful for span level protection or
between devices where GMPLS signaling (RSVP) isn't used.