Re: Route Exclusion

Jean Philippe Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com> Tue, 10 June 2003 23:04 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:04:48 -0400
To: Adrian Farrel <afarrel@movaz.com>
From: Jean Philippe Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Route Exclusion
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, stefaan.de_cnodder@alcatel.be, Cheng-Yin.Lee@alcatel.com, Ron Bonica <Ronald.P.Bonica@mci.com>, 'Kireeti Kompella' <kireeti@juniper.net>

Hi Adrian,

At 03:16 PM 6/10/2003 -0400, Adrian Farrel wrote:
>All,
>
>Ron has asked me to post a summary of where this work fits into the WG and,
>unless there are objections within the next couple of days, to post the
>existing
>draft
>(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.tx
>t) without revisions, as a WG draft.
>
>This is a third last chance to object :-)
>
>The draft specifies ways to communicate route exclusions during path setup
>using
>RSVP-TE.
>Route exclusions are useful when full path computation is not performed at the
>head of an LSP. This happens when
>- an external route server is used (see
>draft-vasseur-mpls-path-computation-rsvp-te)

note that the PCS is always external ;-) Anyway, this gives me the
opportunity to mention something that I told you off-line: the draft
mentioned above does specify an EXCLUDE-ELEMENT object which has the same
objective as your draft. I'll remove it from the next revision and I agree
to support your draft.

JP.