RE: SONET/SDH Encoding for LMP Test messages

"Shiba, Sidney" <Sidney.SHIBA@fnc.fujitsu.com> Fri, 26 September 2003 21:20 UTC

From: "Shiba, Sidney" <Sidney.SHIBA@fnc.fujitsu.com>
To: 'Dimitri Papadimitriou' <dpapadimitriou@psg.com>
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: SONET/SDH Encoding for LMP Test messages
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:20:32 -0500

Dimitri,

Some carriers do not provision the trace message, specially
the J0 trace. In the case Jx is not provisioned, is the NE
expected to generate the Jx trace message? If so, the draft
should explicitly indicate it and message formats should be
suggested for uniqueness (e.g., that specified in Rec. G.831
Appendix I).

Thanks,

Sidney