RE: Two questions on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf

Igor Bryskin <i_bryskin@yahoo.com> Sat, 10 March 2007 13:21 UTC

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:10:45 -0800
From: Igor Bryskin <i_bryskin@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Two questions on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf
To: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <dbrungard@att.com>, "Ong, Lyndon" <Lyong@Ciena.com>, owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Dimitri,

But who said that linkID must be unique per routerID? Of course, not. It must be unique per TE Router ID. The fact that the same RC manages several TE RTRs does not change a thing. The paths are computed on the network TE graph, built of vertices (TE RTRs) interconnected by edges (TE links). TE links must be uniqely identifed either as numbered or unnumbered (combination of TERtrID and LinkID). How the links are advertised - by separate RCs, the same RC or via no RC (statically configured) - is of no importance.

Igor

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be wrote: igor

not an issue of TE router ID uniqueness, without this additional sub-TLV,
an unnumbered local id may not be unique per router_id, hence the addition
of this sub-TLV (TE Router ID being unique per router_id)

-d

Igor Bryskin
09/03/2007 22:36