Re: IANA-GMPLS-TC-MIB was New versions of GMPLS MIBs

"Tom Petch" <nwnetworks@dial.pipex.com> Fri, 14 October 2005 13:58 UTC

From: Tom Petch <nwnetworks@dial.pipex.com>
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Cc: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>, joan cucchiara <jcucchiara@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: IANA-GMPLS-TC-MIB was New versions of GMPLS MIBs
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:40:06 +0200
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Aaaah, now I see; I had not imagined that the values in the MIB registry would
be different to those in the GMPLS registry (but I understand why they might).
Since I have been confused, I suggest expanding that sentence to

"However, the numerical values  used in this textual convention are solely
within the
purview of IANA and, for a given enumeration,  will not necessarily be the same
as the value in
the Switching Types sub-registry.  This might arise if the values in the
Switching Types sub-registry are unsuitable for use in SMIv2."

I am fine with your other sentence below (with similar sentences for each TC).

Tom Petch