RE: Layer 2 Switching Caps LSPs

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be Fri, 28 January 2005 16:57 UTC

To: Shahram Davari <Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com>
Cc: 'Adrian Farrel' <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, "'Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be'" <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be>
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be
Subject: RE: Layer 2 Switching Caps LSPs
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:41:46 +0100
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

sharam, the draft does not propose a specific data plane switching processing, but allows distinction of a mode where the whole flow traversing an interface (port mode) is retrieved at the outgoing interface from a mode allowing tracking of multiple flows traversing the same interface and the most obvious one was the use of the VLAN ID value as it implicitly determines the mapping with the data plane - but as i said clarifications are to be added here because this term did generate some confusion - note also that this draft does not discuss any specific ethernet frame processing

Shahram Davari <Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com>
01/28/2005 08:07 PST