draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-test-sonet-sdh-01.txt

Stephen Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge@lucent.com> Tue, 18 March 2003 04:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:19:15 -0700
From: Stephen Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge@lucent.com>
To: ccamp <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>
Subject: draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-test-sonet-sdh-01.txt

All,
Bert asked me to have a look at this from an ITU-T perspective.
As I look back through the email archives, I see a number of issues
that were raised that were never addressed before (or after) a WG last
call was issued for the -00 draft this document during Dec. 2002.
There were a number of comments raised with respect to the draft
in particular from Sept-Nov 2002 that were not addressed. In addition,
there is the entire thread (2002 archive) "J0/J1 encoding issues" that
applies to this draft that was never addressed. Perhaps the December
last call slipped by "under radar" without these issues having been
addressed.

I think that the simplest way to resolve the issues is to align
the draft with ITU-T G.7714.1 (as has Dimitri just did for
draft-lang-ccamp-lmp-bootstrap-03.txt). Then we have all the documents
aligned around the same J0/J1 format.

Once this alignment is done, I think the next question is whether
draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-test-sonet-sdh-01.txt contains any extra information
over what is in ITU-T G.7714.1. If not, perhaps it can just go info track
if the normative text is in ITU-T G.7714.1.
Regards,
Steve