[CDNi] draft-ma-cdni-metadata-01.txt: mD objects extensibility

<emile.stephan@orange.com> Wed, 02 November 2011 14:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:19:58 +0100
From: emile.stephan@orange.com
To: kevin.ma@azukisystems.com, cdni@ietf.org
Cc: bsd@cisco.com
Subject: [CDNi] draft-ma-cdni-metadata-01.txt: mD objects extensibility

Hi Kevin,

Following are my thoughts on v01.

IMO, It is obvious that the framework of CDNi will include objects extensibility and consequently support opaque metadata. The draft should focus on the identification of the information elements required to support the awareness and the restriction of the 7 interfaces listed in the introduction rather than promoting the need of opaque metadata.

So I propose that we add something like following in draft-davie-cdni-framework:

"5 Data modeling Framework
5.1  Objects extensibility

   CDNs interoperate to distribute content services that may require the exchange of
   specific metadata.  Consequently each object is extensible and
   includes a field 'extension' for this purpose. This applies to all CDNi interfaces.
"

Regards
Emile