[CDNi] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 24 October 2023 12:44 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme@ietf.org, cdni-chairs@ietf.org, cdni@ietf.org, kevin.j.ma.ietf@gmail.com, kevin.j.ma.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 05:44:53 -0700
Subject: [CDNi] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme/

COMMENT:

Thanks for this document. It is outside my area, and I've not had time to
review it closely.  Just a couple of minor suggestions:

Minor level comments:

(1) p 2, sec 1.1.  Terminology

   This document uses terminology from CDNI framework documents such as:
   CDNI framework document [RFC7336] and CDNI interface specifications
   documents: CDNI Metadata interface [RFC8006] and CDNI Footprint and
   Capabilities Advertisement interface [RFC8008].  It also uses
   terminology from Section 1.1 of [RFC8739].

Please check whether you mean section 1.1 or section 1.2 of RFC8739.

(2) p 4, sec 3.   ACME Delegation Metadata for CDNI

   Figure 1: Example call-flow of STAR delegation in CDNI showing 2
                         levels of delegation

It might be helpful to define what 'CP' and 'CA' are.  Note - I did try and
quickly check the references in the terminology, but I didn't check that
carefully so I might have missed the definitions.

Regards,
Rob