[CDNi] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03

Lucas Pardue via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 24 October 2023 21:45 UTC

From: Lucas Pardue via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: cdni@ietf.org, draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:45:21 -0700
Subject: [CDNi] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-03

Reviewer: Lucas Pardue
Review result: Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/gen/GenArtFAQ>.

Document: draft-ietf-cdni-delegation-acme-??
Reviewer: Lucas Pardue
Review Date: 2023-10-24
IETF LC End Date: 2023-10-18
IESG Telechat date: 2023-10-26

This draft is ready for publication as a Standard Track RFC.

It defines a new object for CDNI to aid delegation of credentials. The draft is
succint and clear.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

Section 1

A document overview for such a short document seems a little superfluos,
especially since section 1.1, 4 and 5 are standard section types.

Section 2

It appears that you provide an example of the new ACMEDelegationMethod object
without acknowledging so in the prose. For someone unfamiliar with CDNI, its
not clear what is already defined and what is new. Perhaps consider mentioning
the ACMEDelegationMethod object, with a forward reference to the object
definition.

Section 3

Figure 1 - the use of SVG is a welcome touch. However, it uses the terms "CP"
and "CA" and those aren't spelled out. I understand these might be imported
terms but the document helpfully spells out dCDN and uCDN; it would be nice to
do it for CP and CA too