[CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-frost-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 08 February 2021 15:53 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: cfrg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 07:53:14 -0800
Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-frost-00.txt

This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : FROST: Flexible Round-Optimized Schnorr Threshold Signatures
        Authors         : Chelsea Komlo
                          Ian Goldberg
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-frost-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2021-02-08

Abstract:
   In this draft, we present FROST, a Flexible Round-Optimized Schnorr
   Threshold signature scheme that reduces network overhead during
   signing operations while protecting against forgery attacks
   applicable to prior similar threshold and multisignature
   constructions.

   FROST can be safely used without limiting concurrency of signing
   operations yet allows for true threshold signing, as only a threshold
   number of participants are required for signing operations.  Here, we
   define FROST as a two-round protocol, but it can be optimized to a
   single-round single-round signing protocol as the first round can be
   performed as a batched pre-processing stage.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-frost/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-frost-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-frost-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/