minutes chassis mib wg cambridge july 1992

CASE@utkvx.utk.edu Sat, 08 August 1992 18:23 UTC

Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1992 14:24:00 -0500
From: CASE@utkvx.utk.edu
Subject: minutes chassis mib wg cambridge july 1992
To: mdavies@NRI.Reston.VA.US
Cc: chassismib@cs.utk.edu

Chassis MIB Working Group Minutes
Bob Stewart, Xyplex, rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com

The Chassis MIB Working Group held its second meeting at the IETF
meeting in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, 15
July 1992.  For this meeting, Jeff Case presided and Bob Stewart
recorded.

The meeting was well-attended, but there was little discussion as little
had been accomplished since the last meeting.  As a result, the meeting
activities centered on getting the group moving.

The following meeting agenda was presented on the Chassis MIB
working group mailing list before the meeting.

Chassis MIB WG -- WEDNESDAY, July 15, 1992  9:30-Noon

Bob Stewart
rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com

Jeff Case
case@cs.utk.edu

chassismib-request@cs.utk.edu to add/delete/modify

The purpose of this meeting is to try to get the Chassis MIB WG
started/restarted.

All sorts of events have conspired to detract from efforts to get
it started.  A major contributor from Cabletron got reassigned.
Another major contributor and one of the cochairs has been tied
up with other standardization efforts such as (SMP).  The other
cochair has been ill for nearly a month but we are pleased to
hear he is better.  Finally, the members of the [non] working
group seem to think that the mailing list is a readonly object.

We will:

    1. Reassess the interest in and commitment to this work and
       pull the plug if appropriate (we all hope not)

    2. Try to put together a new time-action-plan for the work.

This may be a short meeting.  There is nothing to be read or
said.

.   Supposed to have Chassis MIB submissions and synthesize a
       proposal.  Nothing done, needs doing.

.   Supposed to get power supply submissions, got 1 or 2.
       Needs doing.

.   Aggregate MIB, nothing done.

We reassesed interest.

.   Interest remains, perhaps at slightly lessened level,
       meeting well attended.

.   Cabletron implementation has moved in the direction of
       Keith & Donna's proposal.

We declared plans.

.   For Chassis MIB:  authors are to post original documents,
       or new one within a few weeks.  Cabletron proposal could
       be updated.  Originals are in archive.

.   For Power Supply MIB:  MIBs to be submitted in a week,
       expect about 10.

.   Aggregate MIB on back burner.

Respectfully submitted,

     Bob Stewart