Power Supply and Environmental MIBs

Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com> Tue, 01 September 1992 14:20 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1992 10:19:21 -0500
From: Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com>
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Power Supply and Environmental MIBs

Hmmmm.  I checked with Chuck, and he believes we (I) may be headed in the
wrong direction by considering more documents and, in fact, suggest that maybe
we should have only one.  The Chassis MIB working group is supposed to be
somewhat myopic and address chassis issues.

On that basis, I suggest that my proposed power supply information and
environmental information become two groups of the Chassis MIB, indicating
their properly subordinate inclusion.  What do you all think about that?

If that's what we want to do, I'll supply some ASN.1 that the Chassis MIB
editor can incorporate.

	Bob