Re: [cicm] Moving Packets and Storing Identifiers (was RE:CICMQuestions)

"Nanjundiah, Girish" <Girish.Nanjundiah@viasat.com> Thu, 09 June 2011 23:28 UTC

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:27:22 -0700
From: "Nanjundiah, Girish" <Girish.Nanjundiah@viasat.com>
To: CICM Discussion List <cicm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [cicm] Moving Packets and Storing Identifiers (was RE:CICMQuestions)

With regards to this, I should also mention that it would be best to
store the identifier in the CICM::Stream class. The reason is that both
create_en/decrypt_conduit and en/decrypt both need access to the
identifier. The create function needs to store the conduit identifier
that it obtains from the module in the CICM::Conduit parameter that it
is given and the encryption/decryption functions (part of the
CICM::Encrypt/Decrypt::Stream) need to use the identifier to tell the
module to perform the requested encryption/decryption. Since
encrypt/decrypt() cannot access the CICM::Conduit variables
(CICM::Conduit is one inheritance level up from
CICM::Encrypt/Decrypt::Stream), it would make sense to define the
identifier in a class that both CICM::Encrypt/Decrypt::Stream can
access. Both classes inherit from CICM::Stream as a base class, so that
would seem to be the best choice from my point of view.

Is this still something that people are alright with?

Thanks,
-Girish