Re: Telnet Query

Cleve Graves <cvg@dbaix.oc.com> Mon, 17 May 1993 15:40 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 10:36:04 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Cleve Graves <cvg@dbaix.oc.com>
Subject: Re: Telnet Query
To: Multiple recipients of list TN3270E <TN3270E@list.nih.gov>

The answer to that question is ABSOLUTELY!!! Many servers, including ours, will
revert to the "older less efficient" Telnet character mode and do the 3270
conversion on the server.  This reduces the capacity of the network
significantly and the server will have more work to do, but servers do support
the capability.  Note: Some servers don't, too!  So, it is really at the
server as to what it does if a Client will not run in 3270 mode.

According to Dave Crocker

--
Thanks,     Cleve                       Internet-Mailid CVG@OC.COM
Technical Marketing