Re: [clue] contradiction in framework about simultaneous captures in a CSE

"Duckworth, Mark" <Mark.Duckworth@polycom.com> Fri, 21 February 2014 17:20 UTC

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <Mark.Duckworth@polycom.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>, "clue@ietf.org" <clue@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:20:36 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [clue] contradiction in framework about simultaneous captures in a CSE

Hi Paul,

I thought of that possibility also.  But I think our intent was for the provider to be able to advertise the complete scene information for original sources, including CSEs, even if the provider didn't include encoding groups for those captures.  I think it is useful to include the CSEs for captures without encoding groups, because the consumer can use this information for choosing captures, or choosing subsets within MCCs.

Another possibility is to say either all captures in a CSE must include an encoding group, or none of the captures in a CSE can include an encoding group.  I can't think of a case that makes sense to include a mixture.

Mark