Re: what is the status of the SSL informational RFC I sent you?

IESG Secretary <iesg-secretary@CNRI.Reston.VA.US> Sun, 26 March 1995 17:09 UTC

To: rfc-editor@isi.edu
cc: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: what is the status of the SSL informational RFC I sent you?
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: IESG Secretary <iesg-secretary@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 12:08:56 -0500

Joyce and --jon,

The IESG is still talking with Netscape about bringing this effort into
the IETF. If successful, we anticipate a note from Jeff Schiller to the
SSL author (which the RFC Editor will be copied on), indicating that
(based on discussions with the author) we expect a note from the author
to you withdrawing the SSL document from the RFC queue, opting instead
to post the document as an Internet-Draft.

In the event that our expectations and assumptions are not met, be
advised that the IESG would like to add a note to the cover of the RFC
when  published as an Informational RFC. Jeff Schiller and/or John
Klensin will provide the text directly to you.

Again, we hope this is not necessary as we truely expect this document
to be submitted as an Internet-Draft, based on conversations with the
author.

Steve