Re: [codec] Conformance with unusual sample rates

Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org> Fri, 18 November 2011 22:27 UTC

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 06:26:14 +0800
From: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
To: John Ridges <jridges@masque.com>, bens@alum.mit.edu
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] Conformance with unusual sample rates

Uh.  Scary discussion.
I believe we may well be unchartered territory here.  Remember the "green
light / red light" discussion we had here in Taipei?  I'm fairly certain
that both 16 ms frames and 44.1 kHz sample rate would fail the colored
lights test, with the text vectors considered today, even if we were
defining conformance very loosely.  In such a case, I don't think that you
can necessarily rely with any certainty on the IPR declarations provided.
Stephan