Re: [core] Report on first Resource Directory plugtest

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Sun, 15 April 2018 18:53 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Carsten Bormann' <cabo@tzi.org>, "'\"Christian M. Amsüss\"'" <christian@amsuess.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 11:53:25 -0700
Subject: Re: [core] Report on first Resource Directory plugtest

Doing this is going to make my life as an implementor really a mess.  I will no longer be able to simply have a single representation of the internal data structure and do the parsing as serialization to a common format.  I am now going to need to remember what the original representation was and do the serializations differently based on that value.   In addition to this, all of my internal calls to setup the link format to begin with need to have this distinction so that things get serialized correctly.   What would this mean for serializing out /.well-known/core - are the meanings different if one serializes to cbor as opposed to link-format?   I think this would make more problems that it would solve.

Jim