Re: [core] draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-04: unclear 'rt' parameter in Update

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Mon, 10 September 2012 08:14 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:03:49 +0200
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: core@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [core] draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-04: unclear 'rt' parameter in Update

Zach,

In my opinion the same overloading of resource and end-type happens at
several places in the document and the core -interfaces document.
The grouping concept adds to the confusion. Making the distinction up
front in the document would be helpful.
You may consider resource-type, endpoint-type, and group-type. In
core-interfaces you do a first attempt and talk about resource-type for
resources and for Function-sets. Althoug you keep the same parameter
name rt, you seem to distinguish in the name space
What to do with batches, which are heterogeneous, is another question.

It would be nice if this is solved homogeneously over all documents.
May be it is, and I just combine the wrong pieces of text.

peter