Re: [core] draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-04: unclear 'rt' parameter in Update

Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com> Fri, 07 September 2012 09:38 UTC

From: Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:38:32 +0300
To: "Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com>
Cc: "core@ietf.org" <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-04: unclear 'rt' parameter in Update

Esko,

The rt= query string parameter in a Registration or Update sets the "Endpoint Type", which gives some meaning to an endpoint semantically in a backend system. That can be used e.g. to set the correct icon for an endpoint on a map. That has no effect on the Resource Type parameter of individual resources, which you are correct wouldn't make sense.

Probably using rt= for that query string parameter is confusing. Could be better to change that to et= or type= in the query string?

Thanks,
Zach

--
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.