Re: [core] pubsub and sleepy node proxy

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Tue, 22 September 2015 09:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:59:42 +0200
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: "Rahman, Akbar" <Akbar.Rahman@interdigital.com>
Cc: Michael Koster <Michael.koster@arm.com>, Core <core@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [core] pubsub and sleepy node proxy

Hi Rahman,

thanks for the concrete suggestions, see below

Rahman, Akbar schreef op 2015-09-17 18:36:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm sorry for the delayed response.  Somehow I missed this in my Inbox
> and only noticed it when I was going over the reflector mailing list
> records.  My specific suggestions are:
>
> - Yes, it will be good to give more design motivation in your draft.
<pvds>
will think about this
</pvds>

> - Eliminate the tight dependence to 6LoWPAN technology as it is a CoAP
> application protocol and can be run on any underlying IP network.  I'm
> not sure if your main motivation for the 6LoWPAN link was due to your
> L2 security assumptions in Section 9.  But it seems like an
> artificially restrictive dependence.
<pvds>
will look at it; has to do with the history of this work.
</pvds>

> - The link to the PubSub server (section 7) looks tenuous and not that
> convincing to me.
<pvds>
Fully agree, a more appropriate one has been done.
</pvds>

> - Editorial - The arrows between the Proxy and Sleepy Node are all 1
> directional in Figure 1.  But I understood from the text that, for
> example, WRITE, should be a bi-directional between Proxy and Sleepy
> Node (i.e. a WRITE from a Configuring node to the Proxy node should
> ultimately result in a WRITE to the sleepy node from the Proxy).  Did
> I understand correctly?
<pvds>
Ehh, they are inter-actions. I suggest to remove the arrows
</pvds>

> Thanks for the good work.
>

> Akbar

thanks for the feedback,