[Curdle] Review of draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-05

Niclas Comstedt <nco@comstedt.net> Thu, 19 January 2017 01:38 UTC

From: Niclas Comstedt <nco@comstedt.net>
To: ops-dir@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:38:36 -0800
Cc: curdle@ietf.org, draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305.all@ietf.org
Subject: [Curdle] Review of draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-05

Reviewer: Niclas Comstedt
Review result: Has Nits

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the
operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not
addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG
review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

Document reviewed: draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-05

Background: I reviewed 04 and found only minor nits.

- Section 3, still need the 2nd must to all capitals in the following
sentence
"The AlgorithmIdentifier parameters field MUST be present, and the
parameters field must contain a AEADChaCha20Poly1305Nonce:”

- Section 6. First paragraph references RFC7534 as if its the same as
[FORIETF]. I think the RFC is a typo (and that actual RFC is
unrelated). So either needs the corrected RFC or remove that and keep
referencing only [FORIETF].

/nco