Re: [datatracker-rqmts] Community Datatracker draft -02

"Jim Schaad" <ietf@augustcellars.com> Mon, 22 November 2010 07:18 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Paul Hoffman' <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>, datatracker-rqmts@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:32:34 -0800
Subject: Re: [datatracker-rqmts] Community Datatracker draft -02

Paul,

Some responses to this document.

1.  Is there perhaps a requirement for some type of mathematics of the
lists?   We currently have unions - i.e. make me a list of lists.  I don't
know that I can think of any good reason to have intersections (i.e. in all
of the following lists), but I can think that the subtraction operation
might be very useful.  I care about everything that this working group does
EXCEPT for the following documents.

2.  In section 2.1.6, I am wondering if I can put a list instead of a
particular RFC or particular draft in some of the locations?  I.e. can I get
a list of all of the drafts/rfcs that are referenced by the drafts/rfcs in
this list?  I can see it as being useful for some type of background
processing.  I.e. I need to figure out which drafts or RFCs I might care
about reading because they relate to the current set of drafts that I am
tracking.

3.  Section 2.2.2 - This section does not match exactly what I remember from
the discussion.  I remember that it should be possible to create an atom
feed that specifies exactly which events are to be sent.  (OK - I see this
in the open issue list.)

4. In Section 2.3.1 - You have a requirement that the display should only
show a single draft once.  Does the same requirement also apply to the atom
and e-mail feeds?

5.  In section 2.3.3 - you talk about having the flag on a draft in a list.
Do you really mean list or view of a list?  What happens if you have
multiple flags because the draft appears in multiple lists?

6.  In appendix B - It might be better to have a set of "pre-defined" lists
that are owned by tools team (or some such group) that contain the set of
good pre-defined lists that people want to see.  Such as:
  WG - Std track documents
  WG - Non-std track documents
  WG - Agenda documents for next meeting.

Jim

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-
> genarea-datatracker-community-02.txt>.
>
> It might have been silly for me to try to track all the changes in
Appendix D, but