Re: [dc] 答复: Re: Requirement for a method to manage mac address in DC

Mallik Mahalingam <mallik@vmware.com> Fri, 03 February 2012 07:15 UTC

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:15:25 -0800
From: Mallik Mahalingam <mallik@vmware.com>
To: yu jinghai <yu.jinghai@zte.com.cn>
Cc: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, Truman Boyes <tboyes@gmail.com>, dc@ietf.org, Lizhong Jin <lizho.jin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [dc] 答复: Re: Requirement for a method to manage mac address in DC

Virtual Center [VMware management software] uses combination of one of the OUI assigned to VMware and Virtual Center ID [which can be configured] to generate MAC address with in a range for VM's use. It ensures that MAC address assigned to VMs that are managed by it gets non overlapping MAC address.

Mallik