Re: [decade] FW: I-D Action:draft-farrell-ni-00.txt

"zhangyunfei" <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com> Tue, 29 March 2011 08:02 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:03:50 +0800
From: zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com>
To: B�rje_Ohlman <borje.ohlman@ericsson.com>, "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
Cc: Tim Polk <tim.polk@nist.gov>, Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com>, decade ietf <decade@ietf.org>, Christian Dannewitz <cdannewitz@uni-paderborn.de>, Dirk Kutscher <Dirk.Kutscher@neclab.eu>
Subject: Re: [decade] FW: I-D Action:draft-farrell-ni-00.txt

As is a general naming scheme,I suggested as stating in the WG meeting, to discuss in the URNbis mailing list.

Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2011-03-29

·¢¼þÈË£º Börje_Ohlman
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä£º 2011-03-29 15:19:34
ÊÕ¼þÈË£º Woundy, Richard
³­ËÍ£º Tim Polk; Dirk Kutscher; decade ietf; Sean Turner; Christian Dannewitz
Ö÷Ì⣺ Re: [decade] FW: I-D Action:draft-farrell-ni-00.txt

Hi  Rich,

The  dannewitz  draft  has  it's  origin  in  the  naming  work  that  we  have  done  for  Information  Centric  Networks  (ICN).  We  realized  that  this  type  of  naming  can  be  of  general  interest  for  many  applications,  also  in  today's  Internet.  We  thus  wrote  the  draft  for  ppsp.  The  work  that  that  draft  is  based  on  is  largely  summarized  in  the  Global  Internet  Symposium  paper  "Secure  Naming  for  a  Network  of  Information"  (attached),  you  can  also  find  the  presentation  at:
https://fit.nokia.com/gi2010/gi2010/GIS2010-SecureNamingNetInf.pdf

In  the  latest  version  of  the  dannewitz  draft  we  have  put  the  emphasis  on  stating  that  a  flexible  secure  application  independent  naming  scheme  for  information  objects  should  be  a  great  thing  to  have  for  the  future  development  of  the  Internet.

The  naming  scheme  presented  in  the  paper  was  a  first  shot  at  that.  Our  work  on  this  has  since  then  evolved  and  our  current  thinking  is  represented  by  the  farrell  draft.  Which  we  think  is  an  even  more  simple,  flexible  and  extensible  way  to  do  secure  naming  of  information  objects  (and  any  type  of  objects  for  that  matter).  Please  note  that  we  by  no  means  claim  this  to  be  the  'final  solution'.  It  is  just  another  proof  of  concept  on  the  way  to,  what  we  hope  to  see,  a  common  secure  naming  scheme  widely  adopted  on  the  Internet  for  naming  information  objects.

Hope  this  helps,
Börje