Re: [Detnet] are there any drafts published yet?

"Gunther, Craig" <craig.gunther@harman.com> Wed, 24 September 2014 15:50 UTC

From: "Gunther, Craig" <craig.gunther@harman.com>
To: "detnet@ietf.org" <detnet@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:49:08 +0000
Deferred-Delivery: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:49:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.34.5.24]
Cc: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>, Spencer Dawkins <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>, "Norman Finn (nfinn)" <nfinn@cisco.com>, Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Detnet] are there any drafts published yet?

All,

In an effort to help move our BOF draft(s) forward here are some pointers to the IEEE 802.1 AVB/TSN docs that have been referenced in these discussions so far:

Forwarding and Queuing (IEEE 802.1Qav-2009): http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1Qav-2009.pdf
Stream Reservation Protocol (IEEE 802.1Qat-2010): http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1Qat-2010.pdf
Timing and Synchronizations (IEEE 802.1AS-2011): http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1AS-2011.pdf
AVB Systems (IEEE 802.1BA-2011): http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1BA-2011.pdf

Note that 802.1Qav-2009 and 802.1Qat-2010 have been rolled into the publication of IEEE 802.1Q-2011.
MAC Bridges and VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q-2011): http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1Q-2011.pdf

You can also go here: http://www.ieee802.org/1/ and look at the TSN section to see ongoing work.

I personally support Pascal’s comment 100%: “we want that work to span capabilities at Layer-3”.  My own interested in providing professional quality audio and video throughout our customers networks has convinced me that a layer-3 solution is absolutely necessary.  Personally, I hope to see this technology in my home some day.

Pascal also mentioned AVnu.  Here’s information about their certification program with links to certified products: http://www.avnu.org/certification.  There are several large AVB system installations in the Pro Audio world today and I suspect several more products are going through certification right now.

Regards,
Craig