RE: [dhcwg] Parameter list from multiple servers?

"Kevin A. Noll" <kevin.noll@perfectorder.com> Tue, 25 May 2004 17:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:43:21 -0400
From: "Kevin A. Noll" <kevin.noll@perfectorder.com>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Parameter list from multiple servers?
To: Richard Barr Hibbs <rbhibbs@pacbell.net>, Dhcwg <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

I suppose I could have guessed, but didn't realize that this was
a subject of such notoriety.

Regarding the way a client chooses an OFFER, I completely agree with
you, Barr. I was not suggesting a method/criteria by which a client
SHOULD choose between offers, but offering it as an example of how
one *might* choose given the specific scenario I was laying out.

I agree, we should not attempt to specify the methods/criteria by
which a client chooses between multiple OFFERs. As you suggest, that
would be difficult at best, and would unnecessarily limit the client
implementation.

--kan--