COME ON FOLKS!!!! RE: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>

"Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <volz@cisco.com> Fri, 13 May 2005 15:00 UTC

Subject: COME ON FOLKS!!!! RE: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:00:22 -0400
From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <volz@cisco.com>
To: "Ralph Droms (rdroms)" <rdroms@cisco.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Cc: Stig Venaas <Stig.Venaas@uninett.no>
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

I don't believe there were ANY responses to this WG last call. Either
positive or negative.

Now, we can all complain about the slow progress within the IETF, but WE
ARE THE CAUSE OF THOSE PROBLEMS! Not the IESG.

The FQDN related work has been stalled for YEARS! Several different
people have worked on it and it has never been brought to closure.

Well, I thought we finally had a good chance to bring this work to a
close, but it just won't happen if YOU ALL don't want it to happen.
Apparently no one cares about this issue??

And this document, as I understand it, is the last piece of work holding
up the FQDN drafts (though of course there may be issues raised within
the IETF last call and/or IESG review).

As the WG Last Call period has officially ended, I don't know if the
chairs will accept comments, but it certainly can't hurt for people to
respond one way or another.

Personally, I'm not going to put a lot more effort into this work if the
WG won't support it. So, it will soon fall to yet another person or
group to complete this work (if it ever will be).

Sorry for the rant.

- Bernie