RE: [dhcwg] dhc wg last call on agentopt-delegateand srsn-optiondrafts

"Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <volz@cisco.com> Fri, 05 January 2007 14:31 UTC

Subject: RE: [dhcwg] dhc wg last call on agentopt-delegateand srsn-optiondrafts
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:30:27 -0500
From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <volz@cisco.com>
To: "David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins@isc.org>, dhcwg@ietf.org
DKIM-Signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=4067; t=1168007491; x=1168871491; c=relaxed/relaxed; s=sjdkim8002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=volz@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22Bernie=20Volz=20\(volz\)=22=20<volz@cisco.com> |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[dhcwg]=20dhc=20wg=20last=20call=20on=20agentopt-dele gateand=09srsn-optiondrafts |Sender:=20; bh=kM6cCNh2tDthOwXlIdat7fhy6wVMgbLJYHYslxeg6u8=; b=M+vUwirNI94SIFd+lOS+QLemX0o7sBEB3a2jogx5ifWCKx1ff+G3BvDrZY1YaHJp/QFfVepV tr71yW/nB1zYfKowgFwtjR6eecvViCp92fxkq6A1+P8fBpwN/1LDnJlL;

David:

In a multiple relay (well, really router since we're talking about
routing) situation, the routers need to have some protocol to
communicate with each other and it is assumed that is how that is
handled. This is no different than the initial lease (which likely is
communicated via only one path); it is no different than other learned
routes. If you have multiple partners participating, you need to have
some way to distribute the information between them. This is left to the
routers and is not up to DHCP to do, IMHO.

Unless you have the DHCP server itself participate in the routing
protocols, you really have no other options?

If you were designing this, what would you do?

- Bernie