Re: [Dime] FW: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (2317)

Souheil Ben Ayed <souheil@tera.ics.keio.ac.jp> Fri, 02 July 2010 09:01 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:22:59 +0900
From: Souheil Ben Ayed <souheil@tera.ics.keio.ac.jp>
To: Glen Zorn <gwz@net-zen.net>
Cc: dime@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Dime] FW: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (2317)

Glen Zorn wrote:

> Souheil Ben Ayed [mailto:souheil@tera.ics.keio.ac.jp] writes:
>

> Dear all,
>
> Please read the section " 2.7.  Accounting" of the RFC 4072.
>
> In this section, it is described that one or more
> Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVPs may be added in a Diameter-EAP-Answer
> with a successful result code.
>

> So what is correct ?
> - Allow adding one or more Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVPs?
> - or only one Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVP can be included in a
> Diameter-EAP-Answer?
>
> The latter, I think.

When only one Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVP is included in a
Diameter-EAP-Answer, which EAP method will be included in this AVP in
the case of an authentication with EAP-TTLS/EAP-MD5, EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS or
any other EAP method that creates a tunnel then authenticates the user
with a second EAP method? Should we include only the first used EAP
method (in this case EAP-TTLS Type 21), or the second EAP method used
for the authentication ?

Souheil