Re: [dispatch] Cutoff for charter proposals on Monday

"Richard Shockey" <richard@shockey.us> Tue, 22 September 2009 18:24 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: 'Milan Patel' <milanpa@nortel.com>, 'Gonzalo Camarillo' <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>, 'DISPATCH' <dispatch@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:24:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Cutoff for charter proposals on Monday

I want to add some support to this idea but for a totally different reason.
This concept breaks open the issue that there have been some in the IETF
that objected to non-routing parameters used in TEL URI's and frankly this
bizarre restriction has caused me a world of grief.

Case in point.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-enum-cnam-08

What I'd like to see is this issue settled once and for all. What is and is
not acceptable use of the TEL URI?

If Calling Party Catagory is acceptable use of the TEL paramameter then I
want CNAM.