Re: [dispatch] Cutoff for charter proposals on Monday

"Milan Patel" <milanpa@nortel.com> Mon, 21 September 2009 09:34 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:35:04 +0100
From: Milan Patel <milanpa@nortel.com>
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>, DISPATCH <dispatch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Cutoff for charter proposals on Monday

Hi,

I would like to add an additional topic to the DISPATCH charter - URI
parameters to describe the calling party category and toll class.

Previously, Calling Party Category (CPC) URI parameter was defined in a
draft by Rohan Mahy in the IPTEL group.
There is still a need by carriers for this parameter and it is currently
also used within TISPAN and 3GPP.
The motivation for defining the CPC URI parameter is to provide a
standardized method of providing information about the calling party and
the station used to originate a call. Currently, a number of proprietary
solutions are being used as a standardized solution is unavailable.

My intention is to revise Rohan's draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mahy-iptel-cpc-06
And to take on board some of the comments received on the old IPTEL
list.
My proposal is to provide a draft that defines 2 URI parameters: "cpc"
and "oli" indicating the category and tolls class of the calling party,
allowing mapping to parameters used in ISUP.

Best regards,
Milan

Milan Patel
Carrier Networks Core Standards
Nortel
milanpa@nortel.com
Telephone +44 162 843 2381 / ESN 560 2381
Mobile +44 774 053 9261 / ESN 748 9261

For the Companies listed below, The Institute of Chartered Accountants
in England and Wales authorises A R Bloom, S Harris and C Hill to act as
Insolvency Practitioners under section 390(2)(a) of the Insolvency Act
1986 and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants authorises A
M Hudson to act as an Insolvency Practitioner under section 390(2)(a) of
the Insolvency Act 1986.

The affairs, business and property of the Companies are being managed by
the Joint Administrators, A R Bloom, S Harris, AM Hudson and C Hill who
act as agents of the Companies only and without personal liability.

The Companies are Nortel Networks UK Limited; Nortel Networks SA; Nortel
GmbH; Nortel Networks France SAS; Nortel Networks NV; Nortel Networks
SpA; Nortel Networks BV; Nortel Networks Polska SP Zoo; Nortel Networks
Hispania SA; Nortel Networks (Austria) GmbH; Nortel Networks sro; Nortel
Networks Engineering Service Kft; Nortel Networks Portugal SA; Nortel
Networks Slovensko sro; Nortel Networks Oy; Nortel Networks Romania SRL;
Nortel Networks AB; Nortel Networks International Finance & Holding BV