[dispatch] Text media handling in RTP based real-time conferences

Arnoud van Wijk <arnoud.vanwijk@realtimetext.org> Wed, 08 June 2011 07:59 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:59:35 +0200
From: Arnoud van Wijk <arnoud.vanwijk@realtimetext.org>
To: dispatch@ietf.org
Subject: [dispatch] Text media handling in RTP based real-time conferences

Hi everybody,

Since this draft was submitted in March ago, I like to ask DISPATCH if
the AVTCORE WG is the best WG for it.
I think so, since this does handle media handling in conferences.
We have edited this draft based on the discussions in AVT core in march
about SSRC multiplexing.

It is very important that when using RTT streams in a multiparty call
that it will work with all SIP based call control environments.
I feel that we need together with AVT to work out the details to ensure
that this remains possible.

Several solutions are currently being implemented in RTT systems by
several companies and the longer we wait..the harder it gets to ensure
the best implementation to be used.

So, this is quite important for real-world cases.

I am looking forward to your feedback as always.

sincerely

Arnoud van Wijk