[dispatch] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-13: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 05 January 2022 13:57 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs@ietf.org, dispatch-chairs@ietf.org, dispatch@ietf.org, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, ben@nostrum.com
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 05:57:14 -0800
Subject: [dispatch] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-13: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs/

COMMENT:

Hi,

Thanks for cleaning up the use of these media types.

I've no significant comments, with only a nit level comment that I found the
following paragraph in the introduction to be slightly strange because I read
it as implying (i) to be compliant with this RFC, implementations must also
read/consider any future RFCs that update it, and (ii) future 'optional'
updates may break implementation conformance to this RFC, which makes those
updates seem less optional.  I would propose just deleting this paragraph, but
happy to leave it to the authors discretion.

   This document may be updated to take other content into account.
   Updates of this document may introduce new optional parameters;
   implementations MUST consider the impact of such an update.

Regards,
Rob