Re: [dispatch] [RTW] Does RTC-WEB need to pick a signaling protocol?

Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@jdrosen.net> Fri, 04 February 2011 19:49 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:52:35 -0500
From: Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@jdrosen.net>
To: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
Cc: harald@alvestrand.no, rtc-web@alvestrand.no, dispatch@ietf.org, juberti@google.com
Subject: Re: [dispatch] [RTW] Does RTC-WEB need to pick a signaling protocol?

I think it is well within the scope of the IETF activity to define the
protocols and, consequently, their semantics which must be exposed by
the browser. The actual API is then the problem of the W3C.

As it relates to this question about IP addresses - I don't see the need
to specify any kind of syntax at all around how IP addresses are
conveyed. Rather, we just need to be certain that APIs exist which allow
a Javacript application to obtain the IP addresses needed to construct
the SDP.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.