Re: [dispatch] Introducing ViPR: a new federation technology

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:51:35 +0100
To: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Cc: dispatch@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Introducing ViPR: a new federation technology

Richard Shockey schrieb:
> OK Asterisk DUNDi on steroids.
>
> Useful for enterprise to enterprise supply chain federations, since TRIP was
> never going to work there, but to a SIP service provider it provides no real
> value.

I guess it depends on the provider's business model. If the provider
wants to receive termination fees for incoming calls, then he wont use
ViPR. If the provider does not care about termination fees, then he can
allow incoming calls with ViPR, e.g. to save gateway resource.

Anyway, it can use ViPR on outgoing calls to avoid transit costs.

regards
Klaus