Re: [dispatch] I-D Action:draft-wing-dispatch-v6-migration-00.txt

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Thu, 02 September 2010 13:35 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>, IETF DISPATCH list <dispatch@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:33:20 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [dispatch] I-D Action:draft-wing-dispatch-v6-migration-00.txt

Hi,

The draft does not (maybe on purpose) take SBCs into consideration.

An SBC would have to establish pinholes for both IPv4 and IPv6, in order to RTP packages using both versions to pass.

In addition you have the issue (not unique to your draft) that there might not be end-to-end media connectivity in the first place before the call has been answered etc.

Regards,

Christer