Re: [dmarc-ietf] WG Review: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (dmarc)

Hector Santos <hsantos@isdg.net> Sun, 20 July 2014 20:01 UTC

From: Hector Santos <hsantos@isdg.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 16:01:27 -0400
To: Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com>
Cc: dmarc WG <dmarc@ietf.org>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] WG Review: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (dmarc)

I would like to see a better integrated, cross-area engineering effort.  There is much to do in the integrated area of new domain authorization "permission-based" policy concepts.   We have a tendency of repeating the similar concepts across proposed multiple protocols.  In an evolved, modern SMTP receiver, it could perform 3-6 or more DNS redundant lookups for each transaction, and they are not flexible enough to be lumped together.

--
Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com