Re: [dns-dir] [OPS-DIR] Fwd: [IESG-AGENDA-DIST] Summarized Agenda for the 2012-11-15 IESG Teleconference

joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com> Mon, 12 November 2012 17:43 UTC

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:43:50 -0800
From: joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Cc: "ops-dir@ietf.org" <ops-dir@ietf.org>, IETF DNS Directorate <dns-dir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dns-dir] [OPS-DIR] Fwd: [IESG-AGENDA-DIST] Summarized Agenda for the 2012-11-15 IESG Teleconference

commented on:

draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-implementation-05
draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09

On 11/11/12 8:00 AM, Benoit Claise wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find below the agenda of the November 15th  IESG telechat.
> Please send your questions, comments and concerns before Nov 14 COB.
>
> Thanks and Regards, Benoit

> INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
> Summarized Agenda for the 2012-11-15 IESG Teleconference
>
> This agenda was generated at 2012-11-08 15:10:41 PST
> Up-to-date web version of this agenda can be found at:
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/
>
> 2. Protocol Actions
> 2.1 WG Submissions
> 2.1.1 New Items
>
>   o draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-implementation-05
>     Implementation Advice for IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard (RA-Guard)
>     (Best Current Practice)
>     Note: Joel Jaeggli (joelja@bogus.com) is the document shepherd.
>     Token: Ronald Bonica
I'm a little wierded-out by pete's discuss on this one.

"why isn't this a proposed standard"

I guess that question I'd ask is why aren't refinements to an existing
informational draft that are the product of operational experience the
basis for a BCP. I disagree with the assertion that this is new protocol
work from the outset.

>   o draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-delay-10
>     RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Delay
>     metric Reporting (Proposed Standard)
>     Note: Shida Schubert (shida@ntt-at.com) is the Document Shepherd.
>     Token: Gonzalo Camarillo
>
>   o draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-07
>     Multipoint LDP in-band signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and
>     Multipoint- to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths (Proposed Standard)
>     Note: Loa Andersson (loa@pi.nu) is the document shepherd.
>     Token: Adrian Farrel
>
>   o draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-03
>     Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs (Proposed
>     Standard)
>     Note: Loa Andersson (loa.andersson@ericsson.com) is the document
>     shepherd.
>     Token: Adrian Farrel
>
>   o draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n-07
>     Flow Aggregation for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol
>     (Proposed Standard)
>     Note: Nevil Brownlee (n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz) is the document
>     shepherd.
>     Token: Ronald Bonica
>
> 2.1.2 Returning Items
>
>   o draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09
>     Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0)) (Internet Standard)
>     Note: Olafur Gudmundsson (ogud at ogud.com) is the document
>     shepherd.
>     Token: Ralph Droms
Oerhaps I'm unreasable but I'd like to see the security considerations
section to take a stab at mitigations for the three described issues
given that those don't leave much to the imagination.  I would suggest
that, the statements be non-normative since they likely are not
appropriate for all circumstances.