[dnsext] Additions to the draft charter

Olafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT chair <ogud@ogud.com> Thu, 30 July 2009 06:35 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 02:29:39 -0400
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
From: Olafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT chair <ogud@ogud.com>
Subject: [dnsext] Additions to the draft charter
Cc: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

Since the last version of the charter (attached) was posted for IETF reviews,
we have had some discussion on the mailing list
that the charter is too restrictive
or there are current items that should be in the charter.
This was discussed in the WG meeting yesterday.

There are 3 topics that have asked for inclusion:
         IXFR-ONLY
         DNS guide to DNS RFC's
         DNSKEY alg support option [1]

As of this moment only the second one has more than 5 volunteers.
I need to give our AD an updated draft of the charter RSN, thus
any work item that does NOT have 5 statements of support by
Friday evening (Stockholm) will not be included in the charter IESG
will review next week.
If you oppose the documents please voice that as well.

If you think you have volunteered please drop us[2] a private message to
confirm.

If items are added to charter the milestones for the items will have dates
in March 2010, to be updated later.

EDNS0bis document milestone will be added with milestone of Dec 2009.

The working group is considering to investigate further the problem space of
"retrieving address records for multiple network
protocols", there is a proposal in
this space http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-li-dnsext-ipv4-ipv6-01.txt.
This might become a future charter item but not at this time.

         Sorry for the short notice
         Olafur

[1] Patrik Fältström has been appointed "special
master" to judge the support for
this item.
[2] chairs + Patrik