RE: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis

Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com> Wed, 09 November 2005 02:30 UTC

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:23:07 -0500
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

Hi,

As you might guess form the version numbers these drafts have been around for a fairly long time. The previous RFCs were tied to the SIG and KEY RRs only and reference only the old DNSSEC RFCs. The idea is that these updates are part of DNSSEC updating.

As far as I know, there isn't any technical difference between the RDATA format in these drafts and in the RFCs they update.

There is a minor technical addition in draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-06.txt which has an additional pre-defined D-H group taken from IPSEC (and probably there are 1 or more further additional D-H groups specified in IPSEC or other IETF protocols that should be added).

I plan to spin new versions of these which list all changes from the RFC they are obsoleting and fix nits.

Thanks,
Donald