Re: [dnsext] URI RRTYPE review - Comments period end Aug 15th

Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> Mon, 11 October 2010 14:18 UTC

Subject: Re: [dnsext] URI RRTYPE review - Comments period end Aug 15th
From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:00:50 +0200
Cc: Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>, Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

I am working on an update to this document given the comments on the mailing list.

For this issue, IRI, I have think the best thing is to allow one of:

- A URI
- An IRI but only using UTF-8 charset, and that the IRI is such that it can be converted to a URI and back again.

A new version that reflects this change will be released shortly.

   Patrik