Re: [domainrep] I-D Action: draft-ietf-repute-model-02.txt

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com> Sat, 16 June 2012 01:50 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:50:24 -0400
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com>
To: domainrep@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [domainrep] I-D Action: draft-ietf-repute-model-02.txt

Dear colleagues,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 01:56:29PM -0700, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:

> 	Author(s)       : Nathaniel Borenstein
>                           Murray S. Kucherawy
>                           Andrew Sullivan
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-repute-model-02.txt

We uploaded this revision to the model draft today.  The draft
includes changes to accomplish the following things, all of which were
discussed in Paris:

    1.  A general editorial pass.

    2.  Addition of text to say that details of query parameters were
    to be application-specific.  There was quite a bit of back and
    forth at the mic in Paris (thanks to the Meetecho people for an
    excellent recording, BTW), and it was hard for me to determine
    what was concluded, but since no text on this topic came to me by
    now I figured everyone must think this is application-specific.

    3.  Addition of the Privacy Consideration section.  This was in
    response to the microphone comment about cases where reputation
    data ought not to be public.

Things that were _not_ included:

    A.  A general overview of the protocol, including exhaustive
    motivation and so on.  There was some discussion of the
    desirability of this in Paris, but the conversation seemed to
    suggest this draft was not the place for it.

    B.  A reworking of the draft to add more general-purpose
    mechanisms, to be recycled by specific applications.  Cf. (2)
    above.

I believe this document is ready to be parked, given the parameters I
think we've been working within.  I'd appreciate reviews.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com