[drinks] IESG review of Framework and SOAP documents

Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@nic.at> Thu, 19 February 2015 08:11 UTC

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@nic.at>
To: "drinks@ietf.org" <drinks@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 08:11:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.10.0.163]
Subject: [drinks] IESG review of Framework and SOAP documents

All,

as you might have noticed, the IESG review of our two remaining documents are ongoing. Several ADs as well as other reviewers have raised  DISCUSSes and COMMENTs on various elements of our documents.

The process is that document shepherds (that's me and Syed, respectively) review and address these DISCUSSes and COMMENTs, and "negotiate" a path forward with the respective AD. Solutions typically involve either discussing and solving of the points (without any changes to documents), or proposing a change to the document (via a new revision, or an RFC editor comment).

The various comments can be seen here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework/ballot/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap/ballot/

The IESG will also dicuss our two drafts in todays IESG telechat - so, there might be more comments coming in over the course of today. Since we have open DISCUSSes, it is very unlikely that the drafts will be approved today, particularly since we have indicated in the past that these documents should proceed together.

Therefore, i ask document authors to check out the comments we received, and coordinate with the respective document shepherd on a response.

thanks,
Alex