Re: [dtn-interest] DTN Final Work for College

"Scott, Keith L." <kscott@mitre.org> Wed, 14 August 2013 14:21 UTC

From: "Scott, Keith L." <kscott@mitre.org>
To: Rafael Oliveira Carvalho <roc2005rafael@yahoo.com.br>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:20:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.83.31.52]
Cc: "dtn-interest@irtf.org" <dtn-interest@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] DTN Final Work for College

For an emulation environment I like the Common Open Research Emulator (CORE) available from the Naval Research Laboratory (http://cs.itd.nrl.navy.mil/work/core/).  It's a very nice GUI on top of Linux virtual containers and provides a nice environment for setting up topologies and scenarios.

For implementations I'd suggest considering also the JDTN implementation, available from SourceForge (I wasn't aware that the IBR-DTN implementation was publicly available).  There are some issues with JDTN (I believe, there's some room for interpretation here) with respect to custody transfer, but the code seems well-written and pretty easy to understand.

Tchau,

                        --keith