[dtn-interest] The ONE Simulator 1.0 available

Joerg Ott <jo@netlab.tkk.fi> Tue, 27 November 2007 12:23 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:23:40 +0200
From: Joerg Ott <jo@netlab.tkk.fi>
To: DTN <dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org>, DTN dev <dtn-dev@mailman.dtnrg.org>
Cc: Teemu Kärkkäinen <teemuk@cc.hut.fi>, Ari Keränen <akeranen@cc.hut.fi>, Jouni Karvo <jouni.karvo@tkk.fi>
Subject: [dtn-interest] The ONE Simulator 1.0 available

Hi,

as a followup to our brief presentation at the last IETF:
We have completed our cleanup for the Opportunistic
Networking Environment (ONE) Simulator.

It is now available for download (ready-made packages for
Linux/Mac and Windows) from:

     http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/dtn/theone/

with some more information also available here:

     http://www.netlab.hut.fi/~jo/dtn/index.html#one

There is also a small user mailing list for discussion,
complaints, and contributions:

The ONE simulator supports various synthetic mobility models
(RWP, GPS map-based, points of interest, regular routes for
e.g., buses) and can also work with external traces.
The generated node mobility can be used with the internal
simulation and visualization engine, but can also be fed
into external systems (such as ns-2 or dtnsim2).

The internal routing simulator has epidemic routing,
PROPHET, Spray&Wait, and MaxProp built in.  Further modules
can be added (and contributions are welcome :-)
It generates extensive logs for later analysis which
can also be fed into the visualizer.

The visualization module allows tracking node movement,
connectivity ranges, message storage, and allow map
underlays for the GPS-based traces.

Credits for version 1.0 go primarily to Ari Keränen with
contribution Jouni Karvo and Teemu Kärkkäinen.  John Solis
provided some fixes.

Stay tuned: we have already an external convergence layer
binding running for the ONE which allows moving dtnds and
their applications around (shown at our CHANTS 2007 demo),
but this is not yet completely ready for release.

Joerg